Monday, January 30, 2012

Worship & Giving

On my way in to the church this morning I was pondering what to Blog about. I have always believed that the situations at hand make for the best discussion. I think that it is because it makes the discussion more real to life, it also helps me as a Christian to work out my faith, and it also assumes that other’s are working through similar thoughts and issues which I have found is true most of the time.

Since we are in a series involving Financial Fitness, I thought this would make for a great discussion this week in how much giving is a part of Worship. I think that everyone would agree that giving is a part of worship. Where we will find ourselves at different places will revolve around how much we think giving is a part or how important of a roll it plays? Does how we organize our finances affect other areas of worship? Should we give based on New Testament or Old Testament concept? What impact does giving have on my ability as a Worship Leader?

This week please ponder that these questions. Pray about them, talk about them with family, and even google the topics and see what others have shared about these issues. As you ponder I have some scriptures that will help you wrap your heart and mind around the issue. 2 Corinthians 9:7; Genesis 28:22; Matthew 23:23; Malachi 3:6-12. There are many other scriptures that involve this topic, but these are a few to get the discussion started.

Pastor Larry

1 comment: